Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Updates: C++0x Feature Availability, C++ & Beyond Encore

Two independent announcements that I'm bundling together, because both are short:
  • C++0x Feature Availability Table Updated.  In July, I posted that I'd updated my table of C++0x feature availability to include a link to a page summarizing Clang C++0x support.  Recently I discovered that that link is missing.  I can't explain this, but I can fix it, and I have: the link to Clang support is now present.  While I was updating that information, I took the opportunity to update my information for MSVC from Version 10 beta 2 to simply Version 10.  As far as I know, my table is now up to date, but if you see anything that's inaccurate, please let me know.
  • C++ & Beyond Encore Seats Going Quickly.  The "encore" version of C++ & Beyond that Andrei Alexandrescu and Herb Sutter and I will be putting on in December is now 1/3 sold out.  There won't be a second encore, and, like the original event that will take place at the end of this month, attendance is strictly limited to 60 spots, so if you've been thinking of attending, I encourage you to register sooner rather than later. (If you're interested in the technical program, talk descriptions are being posted to the C&B blog.)

Scott

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Mister Meyers. I just wanted to say that I liked your books about effective C++.

Well done, the books were not only enlightening but also entertaining.

I can easily compare you to the best teachers I had teach me at an engineering school I attended. They all shared these things: They managed to convince me that it's actually not that hard. And they were very well-organised happy people who could talk serious about engineering matters whilst also being fun to listen to and, last but perhaps most importantly, they never lost their composure, they remained calm.

I get the same feelings when I read your books. I guess there are roughly two kinds of people: 1) those who really get how to teach and 2) those who really don't get how to teach. Fortunately for you I think you are in group 1.

Thanks!

Scott Meyers said...

Thanks for your very kind words!

Scott